Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Ethics & Issues 2 - 4





As far as cyber-bullying goes, I don't feel like I'm qualified to speak on it. My opinions on the matter come off harsher than if perhaps I had been a victim in the past. People's feelings are too easily hurt nowadays and I think society is becoming to soft. People get all bent out of shape when they hear an opinion that doesn't align with their own and everyone expects to be noticed. While I have spent the majority of my life in the age of the Internet, I think I would really much rather people treated things people say the they did before the Internet: sticks and stones or whatever. As far as when I feel action should be taken: speech that is illegal offline should stay illegal online. The same authority who handles defamation or threats should be handling those online, on a case by case basis, brought to them to handle by the victim. And as far as the schools responsibility: if it doesn't happen on school grounds, it isn't the schools place or right to handle it, in my opinion. I could care less if a student is picking on another online, after school, not on school channels. That's life, and if you're worried about every mean thing that ever gets said about you, you have more problems than the words being said.


No comments:

Post a Comment